Pssst! Did we already tell you that Hyperlex is ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certified? Well, you should know that this certification serves as a benchmark for Information Security Management Systems, better known as ISMS. This standard defines the characteristics and foundations in terms of security.
But what is ISMS anyway?
An Information Security Management System (Information Security Management System allows you to manage the security of information (as the name suggests).
This acronym therefore refers to the set of policies concerning the management of the security of confidential information. For an ISMS to be recognised as such, it is essential that it is effective in the long term and therefore needs to adapt to future internal and external changes.
For example, ISO/IEC 27001:2005 took the so-called Deming Wheel approach, which consists of 4 parts:
1. First of all, the implementation of a plan that will define the information security risks and choose the appropriate verification methods. It is a question of steering the ISMS and controlling the risks.
2. Then comes the implementation of these audits by managing incidents, raising awareness, training and finally managing the documentation.
3. Performance should then be reviewed and evaluated (here the focus is on whether the ISMS is effective and efficient).
4. Finally, the act, represents the modifications to optimise the performance of the ISMS.
However, the ISO/IEC 27001:2013 is not based on this approach and companies are free to choose the risk management process that is right for them. Nowadays, ISMS is defined by :
- security policies
- monitoring and control structures
- security tools
💡 Recommended read: What is compliance?
Why implement an ISMS?
Nowadays, threats are increasingly numerous and can appear in different forms. Whether we are talking about ransomware (61%), denial of service (38%), website defacement (23%) or even theft of personal data (18%), it is important to have protection against these types of attacks.
In the last case of personal data theft, the ISMS is particularly relevant. It will allow you to adopt an attitude of continuous improvement by always being aware of the latest regulations in place and the current threats.
You will stand out from the competition by being one of the few companies that have ISO/IEC 27001: 2013 and its extension ISO/IEC 27701: 2019.
ISMS at Hyperlex
Speaking of ISO standards, Hyperlex has equipped itself with the means of protection and protocols that have earned us the famous certification and its extension.
It cannot be repeated often enough, but at Hyperlex, from the very beginning, we have developed an artificial intelligence which is now our strength. This AI will make it possible to avoid missing deadlines, key elements or important clauses and thus prevent contractual risks.
If you want to know more about how to protect yourself from such risks, then today is your lucky day, because we write a lot about this topic:
- Security: why protect your contractual data?
- How can you protect your contract data in the cloud? Decryption.
- 7 good practices to control contractual risks